As of Monday night, all buildings on the Waterloo and Brantford campuses will be locked until further notice. The only exception is the dining hall on the Waterloo campus, which will remain open until all residence students have vacated their rooms. The university remains open but operations will largely shift to a virtual work environment.
- Both Students’ Union offices are closed and have shifted to a virtual work environment
- Both Brantford and Waterloo Students’ Union Food Bank are closed (including Waterloo’s hot meal program)
- U-Desks are closed on both campuses
- Wilf’s is also closed, including take-out service
- Golden Grounds is closed
- All volunteer hiring interviews are canceled
As of today, Ontario has declared a state of emergency and gatherings over 50 people are now banned.
The Students’ Union will continue its advocacy efforts with a focus on online communications. The Students Rights Advisory Committee (SRAC) will still be accessible over email for any landlord-tenant disputes or academic appeal information.
I thank you for your patience and consideration during these unprecedented times and will continue to update our students as soon as we’re able. The wellness of students remains our top priority.
Stay safe Golden Hawks,