SPECIAL EVENT FUNDING
APPLICATION OPENING FALL 2020 for all SU-Based clubs!
Have a question about Special Event Funding? Email Graham Falconer, Vice President: Clubs & Associations at firstname.lastname@example.org using this subject line: “[Club Account Number] – Special Event Funding Inquiry”.
STEP-BY STEP BREAKDOWN
Step 1: Check out our Special Event Funding Guidelines.
Step 2: Read over the application breakdown below to get a better understanding of what is required in your application, collect all necessary information, finalize any event details and complete your budget breakdown.
Step 3: Film your 2-minute pitch video!
Step 4: Once you have collected all necessary information, prepared all of your completed required documents and finished editing your pitch video, you will be able to start your application at the bottom of this webpage.
Step 5: Wait patiently to hear back from our team. They will be reviewing your written application and video, and getting back to you with an approval/rejection decision as soon as they can.
section 1: GENERAL INFORMATION
- Club/Association Name: ensure that this is exactly how you would like it to be in our records. Please include any acronyms, as well.
- Club Account Number: this is your 4-digit account number.
- Campus Affiliation: is your group located on the Waterloo or Brantford campus?
- Contact Information: name, @mylaurier.ca/executive-specific email.
section 2: event specifics
Please note: Event details must be finalized prior to applying for Special Event Funding.
- Event Title
- Event Date
- Event Venue
- Proposed Attendance
- What type of event is it?
- New event
- Charity event
- Annual event
- Attach itinerary of event, if applicable.
- What is the purpose of your event and why do you think it fits into the category of being a “Special Event”?
- Is your event inclusive to all members of the Laurier community?
- Why do you need more funding?
- Have you pursued any sponsorship or fundraising efforts? If so, what have you done?
- What are potential issues that may arise at the event?
- How can be avoid these issues or be prepared to deal with them if something goes wrong?
section 3: BUDGET BREAKDOWN
Here you will be required to upload a completed budget breakdown using the following template: SEF Budget Breakdown.
Please note: budget breakdowns must be completed using highly-educated estimates and quotes for all line items. You must be specific with the breakdown and only ask for the exact amount that you require. Please do not inflate your request if you do not absolutely require that amount for your event to successfully run.
section 4: video pitch
This portion of the application is an opportunity for you and your members to create a 2-minute video pitching your Special Event idea to our department. You can sort of view this video as an “elevator pitch,” but rather than 30 seconds, you will have 2 minutes. Although this video will not be marked on its presentation, we encourage you to get creative and really show us your club’s personality and purpose through this fun and hands-on part of the application!
In this video, you must include the following information:
- The name of your club;
- All event specifics;
- The event’s value proposition;
- Who is your target audience for the event;
- Why is this event different than other events;
- What is the impact and importance of your event to the Laurier Community;
- Anything else you want our team to know about your proposed event.
Review this checklist before moving on to complete the form:
- Have you read the above information?
- Have you already submitted your Event Request form?
- Have you collected all of the appropriate information for Section 1?
- Do you have all of your event details finalized for Section 2?
- Have you completed a full budget breakdown for Section 3?
- Have you finalized your 2-minute pitch video for Section 4?