Welcome to your home for everything #LaurierVotes!
Congratulations to Pegah Jamalof
Your 2021-22 Students’ Union President!
events and recordings
Voting Days: January 27th – 29th
Instagram Live with Presidential Candidates: January 26th (Interview by Student Publications)
Open Forum #1: January 13th @ 10 AM (Moderated by Student Publications)
- Part 1: Board of Governors and Senate
- Part 2: Referendum Party Chairs
- Part 3: Board of Directors and President
Instagram Live with Presidential Candidates: January 12th (Interview by Student Publications)
Students will vote in for the 2021-2022 school year for:
Students’ Union President & CEO (read candidate platform summaries here)
The President & CEO oversees all operations of the Laurier Students’ Union as well as regularly works with key university and community personnel to advocate on behalf of all undergraduate students.
Students’ Union Board of Directors (read candidate platform summaries here)
The Board of Directors oversee’s the President & CEO of the Students’ Union and ensures that he or she is acting in a manner that advocates for students and is properly utilizing the fees collected by the Union in a manner that enhances student life. There are 12 spots on the Board of Directors for undergraduate students.
The Board of Governors oversees the property and revenues of the university and conducts their business and affairs. They have a hand in the planning and implementation of the physical development of the University as well as establish the fees and charges for tuition and services offered by the University and much more. Two undergraduate students are elected to the Board of Governors.
The Senate engages a wide range of activities that involve the academic operation of the university. Members of the Senate can make recommendations to the Board of Governors related to matters about the use of University money that is involved in modifying academic units (i.e. starting a new faculty or department).
Referendum Questions (learn more about the questions here)
Want to know more about running for a student advocacy position with the Students Union? Check out our Info Sessions Powerpoint.
BE A PART OF THE CAMPAIGN
- Download/ Save the image to your desktop.
- In Outlook, settings click edit e-mail signature.
- In the edit box, make sure your mouse rest is at the end of the signature and insert the image. (this can be done by either clicking the add image icon or in some cases dragging and dropping from desktop)
- Once the image is uploaded you may want to resize the image to fit your signature size; this can be done by clicking the image box corners and dragging inward until the desired size is achieved.
- Make sure you hit save and you are good to go!
How to Vote