After years of facilitating real progress on the WLUSU’s Board of Directors, and eight months of helping students as Student Rights Advisory Coordinator (and a Foot Patrol walker), I am now seeking your support to solidify my successes as a student volunteer by electing me to be your next Students’ Union President and CEO.
Despite these uncertain times, I am proud to have put forward a platform for Laurier that can be executed both remotely and in-person, and one that benefits all students. Whether it is ensuring that students have ample opportunity to save money on insurance, or upholding what already makes the WLUSU amazing, everything in my campaign agenda is feasible, realistic, and necessary to enhance student life.
My name is Ezra Ceniti, and I am once again asking for your support to put Laurier on the right avenue for success, but this time, as your President and CEO.
I’m Shane Symington – aka Simmer, or Sim – a fourth year communications student, with a variety of experiences at Laurier including:
● Students’ Union Director of the Board
● Habitat for Humanity Sponsorship Executive
● Department of Residence Don
● Laurier Multi-Sport Camp Counsellor
● Dedicated Phil’s attendee
My approach is simple, but will prove to be extremely effective. I believe that the Students’ Union can accomplish so much to benefit the student experience through collaboration, support, and communication. If executed properly, these items can translate to increased organizational awareness, increased student engagement, and will ultimately amount to a better student experience. So what does that experience look like?
● New events that engage ALL students
● Permanence and security surrounding social justice messaging
● Free Menstrual-Hygiene products for students on campus
● Revival of President Tarique Plummer’s Presidential Sponsorship Grant
● Collaborative events between Faculty Associations
● Reformation of the Students’ Union Calendar to include and engage more Laurier student groups