NEW CLUB REGISTRATION
Have a question about New Club Registration? Email Ahad Naim, Vice President: Clubs & Associations at firstname.lastname@example.org using this subject line: “[Club Name] – New Club Registration Inquiry”.
In order to be ratified, all potential clubs/associations must:
1) Be open to all Wilfrid Laurier University undergraduate students;
2) Add value to the Laurier community by serving a unique purpose or role not already available through an existing club/association on each campus;
3) Establish an executive structure with a president and at least two (2) executive members, one of which must be responsible for club/association finances;
4) Responsibly manage club/association finances.
STEP-BY STEP BREAKDOWN
Step 1: Check out our current clubs listing to ensure we do not already have a club that offers the same value proposition as your current idea. You can view all active organizations on The Nest HERE
Step 2: Read up on our Clubs & Associations Policy, Clubs & Associations Procedures Manual and Clubs Handbook, as well as our other resources found on our Resources webpage.
Step 3: Reach out to your peers to recruit members. Please note that all clubs based on the Waterloo campus must have a minimum of 20 members and clubs based on the Brantford campus must have a minimum of 10 members, as outlined in our Clubs & Associations Policy. You are required to present a listing of these members in the Roster in your application.
Step 4: Read over the application breakdown below to get a better understanding of what is required in your application.
Step 5: Once you have collected all necessary information and prepared all of your completed required documents , you will be able to start your application. Follow the steps below to submit.
Step 6: Wait patiently to hear back form us!
General Information to Consider
- Club/Association Name: ensure that this is exactly how you would like it to be in our records. Following the Club name, please put the campus your club is located on in Brackets ie) Tony Massi Fan Club (Brantford)
- Club/Association Affiliation: is your group SU-based or faculty-based? If you are faculty-based, which faculty association are you associated with?
- SU-Based Club: A club funded by the Students’ Union Campus Clubs fee that provides opportunities for groups to form around common interests, including recreation, social justice, mental health, entrepreneurship, and personal faith.
- Faculty Association/Faculty-Based Club: A discipline-specific sub-group of Faculty Associations. These clubs must be specific to the faculty and the programs it offers.
- Please note: The Students’ Union does not decide whether or not a club is accepted under a faculty association’s umbrella.
- If you want to be considered for a club under a faculty Association please ensure when selecting categories that you select the category of Faculty Associations/Faculty Based Clubs.
- By selecting to be a faculty-based club under a faculty association, we will filter your application to the faculty association to review. If the faculty association does not accept your club under their umbrella, you will still be considered for SU-based status.
- Club/Association-Specific Email: this is your general mailbox that will be passed down from team to team and will be used to store club files. Typically, these are your email@example.com. If you do not have a general mailbox, please create one.
- Club/Association Social Media Account Handles: please make sure to specify and include handles for ALL social media platforms that your club actively uses. This can include, but is not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.
- Club/Association Logo: please attach your club’s logo that will be used in promotions, if you already have one created.
- Roster: this must be a listing of all students who have expressed interest in joining your proposed club. You will need their Full name, @mylaurier.ca email club role/position Please note that all clubs based on the Waterloo campus must have a minimum of 20 members and clubs based on the Brantford campus must have a minimum of 10 members, as outlined in our Clubs & Associations Policy.
- Constitution: this must be a copy of your club’s constitution outlining all the key aspects of your club and its operations. This is a key document that your club will reference throughout the year, so please make sure you are putting thought into your procedures and outlining them here. Please use the following template.
- 3rd Party Affiliation Form: this form must be completed if you are planning on being affiliated with an external organization. 3rd Party Affiliation organizations will not be recognized by the Students’ Union if there is no form filled out by their respective club or association.
- Clubs & Associations Advisor Agreement: this form must be completed if you plan on having an advisor who assists your club. Club advisors will not be recognized by the Students’ Union if there is no form filled out by their respective club.
Required Documents to be Downloaded and then Uploaded within the New Club Registration Form:
Constitution Template (MANDATORY)
3rd Party Affiliation Form (IF APPLICABLE)
Clubs & Associations Advisor Agreement (IF APPLICABLE)
Acknowledgement of Policies & Procedures
Please see below for a copy of each of the policies and procedures manuals that you must acknowledge and agree to the terms of each document.
Faculty Association Financial Policy (IF APPLICABLE)
If you have reviewed and prepared all of the above, follow the information below to complete your New Club Registration application for the 2021-2022 year!
The Nest – Organization Registration Instructions
- Please follow this link – https://laurierstudentsunion.presence.io/
- Click the person icon in the top right-hand corner, then click login. This uses your Laurier single sign on login information
- After logging in click the forms tab along the top and then click the form called “Organization Registration”. This will take you to a new page where you can fill in all the necessary information.
- Complete this registration form with all necessary information, Please carefully read all the information and instructions in each question/section
- After form is complete, scroll to the top of the page and click “Submit for Approval” to submit your organization. You can also save your progress as a draft and complete it at a later point if you need to collect further information or documents.
- You can access this draft and continue working on it from the profile section which you can access by clicking the person icon in the top right-hand corner. Once on your profile, you can click responses and access the draft.
- We will review your organization to make sure all information is there then we will consider approval. Once we approve your organization you will be able to view it in the organization section on The Nest.
- As an added note Presidents, Vice Presidents and Treasurers will have admin access to view the organizations they create/oversee submit events and manage finances.
- Once your organization is approved feel free to explore the admin side by clicking the person icon in the top right-hand corner and selecting admin dashboard.