EVENT REQUEST FORMS:
Event Request Forms are due a minimum of 3 weeks in advance of a club event. Whether your club is hosting a virtual event, a general meeting, promoting your club in the concourse or hosting an off-campus gala, we want to see your Event Requests!
The Students’ Union can book the following on-campus spaces on behalf of clubs and associations:
- Senate & Board Chambers (one-time booking only)
- Paul Martin Centre (one-time booking only)
- Full Concourse (individual tables can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Quad
- The Turret
- The Hawks’ Nest
- Full Science Atrium
- Theater Auditorium
- Schlegel Buidling Atrium
- Maureen Forrester Recital Hall
- Lazaridis Hall Atrium
- Student Center Boardroom
- Student Center Multi-Purpose room
- Clubs & Associations Resource Center
For all other on-campus room bookings, use the Campus Booking Form.
EVENT RISK MANAGEMENT:
Campus events are an integral part of the Laurier community. They bring together people from many diverse backgrounds and cultures and contribute to the overall enhancement of the student experience.
To ensure that all sanctioned events (both on and off campus) are appropriately planned and safe, the Primary Event Organizer (PEO) is required to complete an event submission form at least 3 weeks before the event or ninety (90) days for travel outside of Ontario.
When considering elements of Risk associated with your event, keep in mind some of the following elements:
- More than fifty (50) people in attendance
- The event is taking place off-campus
- Features a speaker from an external organization
- Alcohol is being served/is available to purchase
- A sports-like (physical) activity is planned
- Transporting students by means of personal vehicles, a chartered bus, or a rental vehicle
- Any activity that has the potential to result in damage to the individual person or physical property
- Any event covering topics/information the may be strongly opposed by other members of the Laurier community.
If any of the above elements are a part of your event, it is important to be honest and transparent in your event submission for the following reasons:
- The Students’ Union and the University need to know when large groups of people are gathering on campus for reasons of safety and planning purposes
- Professional staff can offer advice or assistance in helping to organize an event and help students to assess any risks that may be associated with their activity
- To ensure a student activity is covered by insurance; if your event is not approved by the Students’ Union, you may be personally required to accept any liabilities that result from your activity.
In the event that you are unsure if your event has any potential risks associated with it, then err on the side of caution and contact:
- Waterloo Campus – Jason Verhoeve – email@example.com
- Brantford Campus – Anthony Massi – firstname.lastname@example.org