CLUB & ASSOCIATION RENEWAL PROCESS
THE CLUB RENEWAL PROCESS IS NOW CLOSED.
Clubs that operated during the 2019-2020 year, but failed to submit a renewal by the deadline will be asked to submit as a new club registration when that opens later in the summer.
Please stay tuned for more details on New Club Registration this summer.
Please see below for a step-by-step guide to ensure that you complete your Club/Association Renewal properly!
Please note: All clubs and associations must renew their status prior to the deadline in order to remain active in the 2020-2021 fiscal year. Failure to do so will result in the club being inactive, no ifs, ands, or buts. Inactive clubs have the opportunity to become active by applying during New Club Registration. Any clubs inactive for more than two years will be dissolved.
Have a question about Renewals? Email Kara McDowell, Vice President: Clubs & Associations at email@example.com using this subject line: “[Club Account Number] – Club Renewal Inquiry”.
section 1: GENERAL INFORMATION
- Club/Association Name: ensure that this is exactly how you would like it to be in our records. Please include any acronyms, as well.
- Club/Association Account Number: this is your 4-digit account number.
- Campus Affiliation: is your group located on the Waterloo or Brantford campus?
- Club/Association Affiliation: is your group SU-based or faculty-based? If you are faculty-based, which faculty association are you associated with?
- Club/Association-Specific Email: this is your general mailbox that will be passed down from team to team and will be used to store club files. Typically these are your firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have a general mailbox, please create one.
- Club/Association Website: this is optional; please only include the URL if you have a website that you actively use.
- Club/Association Social Media Account Handles: please make sure to specify and include handles for ALL social media platforms that your club actively uses. This can include, but is not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.
- Club/Association Logo: please attach your club’s logo that will be used in promotions.
section 2: 2020-2021 INCOMING TEAM CONTACT INFORMATION
- President: name, @mylaurier.ca/president-specific email, student number.
- If you have co-presidents, please include both in this section.
- Vice President of Finance: name, @mylaurier.ca/VP-finance-specific email, student number.
section 3: REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
- Members List: this must be a listing of all incoming members including their name, @mylaurier.ca email, student number, and position (including president(s), executive members and general members). Please note that all clubs based on the Waterloo campus must have a minimum of 20 members and clubs based on the Brantford campus must have a minimum of 10 members, as outlined in our Clubs & Associations Policy. Please use the following template.
- Constitution: this must be a copy of your 2020-2021 constitution outlining all the key aspects of your club/associations and its operations. This is a key document that your club/association will reference throughout the year, so please make sure you are putting thought into your procedures and outlining them here. Please use the following template.
- Social Media Policy Agreement: this must be a signed copy of this policy. Please insert your signature at the bottom of the page and the Students’ Union will sign off as the Department Manager and Marketing.
- 3rd Party Affiliation Form: this form must be completed if you are affiliated with an external organization. 3rd Party Affiliation organizations will not be recognized by the Students’ Union if there is no form filled out by their respective club or association.
- Clubs & Associations Advisor Agreement: this form must be completed if you have an advisor who assists your club or association. Club or association advisors will not be recognized by the Students’ Union if there is no form filled out by their respective club or association.
Required Documents to be Downloaded and then Uploaded within the Club Renewal Form:
Club/Associations Members List Template (MANDATORY)
Constitution Template (MANDATORY)
Social Media Policy Agreement (MANDATORY)
3rd Party Affiliation Form (IF APPLICABLE)
Clubs & Associations Advisor Agreement (IF APPLICABLE)
section 4: ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Please see below for a copy of each of the policies and procedures manuals that you must acknowledge and agree to the terms of each document.
Review this checklist before moving on to complete the form:
- Are you the incoming president?
- Have you read the above information?
- Have you collected all of the appropriate information for Section 1?
- Have you collected contact information for Section 2?
- Have you prepared your Members List using our template for Section 3?
- Have you prepared your Constitution using our template for Section 3?
- Have you completed the 3rd Party Affiliation form, if applicable, for Section 3?
- Have you completed the Advisor Agreement, if applicable, for Section 3?
- Have you opened and reviewed every policy and procedural document in depth in Section 4?