If there are two things we know, it’s that Golden Hawks care about their school and have ideas on how to improve the student life at Laurier. See your ideas become realities by applying for the Student Life Levy.
The Student Life Levy (SLL) funds ideas to better the undergraduate student experiences on the Waterloo and Brantford campuses. The SLL supports one-time projects and are funded through your undergraduate student fees. Applications are accepted from Laurier students, faculty and staff, meaning this is YOUR chance to direct where your fees are being spent.
Need Inspiration? The Fall 2016 SLL saw 22 applications, with 15 projects funded, totaling $108,847 for these great projects:
- An event for Social Justice: Education and Community Building through the Arts (multi-campus)
- A Tribe Called Red performance for Aboriginal Education Week (Waterloo)
- CityStudio Brantford
- Special guest speaker Molly Burke (Me to We) for FLASS (Brantford)
- The FLASS & HASSA Formal Gala (Brantford)
- One Love Gala (Brantford)
- Student Club and Tournament Equipment (Waterloo)
- Student Wellness through Neuro-Biofeedback (Brantford)
- Team Up Against Concussions (Waterloo)
- The Hawk Mascot (Waterloo)
- The Library in High Definition: Film, Data Visualization and Artist Video Project (Waterloo)
- Tonight You Will Meet My Brilliant Friend (Waterloo)
- Wen-Do Women’s Self-Defense (Multi-campus)
- Winter Carnival Mystery Event (Waterloo)
Submitting your idea for the SLL can result in positive changes for students. If you have an idea, we strongly encourage you to connect with one of the Students’ Union team members:
- Tyler Van Herzele, President & CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phil Chamapgne, Executive Director & COO: email@example.com
- Nick DeSumma, Chair of the Board & CGO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Turner, Director, Finance & Administration: email@example.com
- Anthony Massi, Director, Brantford Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the SLL site for details on the application process and past projects. Your deadline to apply is Friday, March 3rd!