Laurier Off Campus University Students or LOCUS is a program designed for incoming first year students that are living off campus or commuting. LOCUS gives students not living in residence the community atmosphere and support that they need throughout their first year at Laurier. When you register for LOCUS you will be placed in a community of off campus first year students that is run by a LOCUS don. Much like a residence don, our LOCUS dons provide programming, events and support to students experiencing their first year at Laurier. The program cost is $85 for the entire year, and provides students with academic, personal and social support.
Why should you register for LOCUS?
- You’ll meet other Off-Campus students
- There will be lots of events for you to attend!
- You can volunteer with our House Council
- A LOCUS don will help you adjust to life at Laurier
- You can play on a LOCUS intramural team
- You can attend events put on by other councils
- Access to the commuter/LOCUS lounge
LOCUS students get access to our First Year Leadership Programs that provide students with the chance to apply for a leadership council position. House Council is run by a LOCUS staff member and works with the entire council to plan events for the whole LOCUS community. As a LOCUS student, you are also encouraged to attend events planned by the LOCUS House council.
We look forward to seeing you in September! If you have any questions about registration, LOCUS, or living off campus in general, please email us at email@example.com
Registration can be done online at: http://laurieractivities.universitytickets.com
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at: LOCUSBrantford or LOCUSWaterloo
– Written by: Kayla Babcock, LOCUS Coordinator (Brantford)